Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Try, Try Again!

In my late 20's I became a runner and workout fanatic. I was loaded with anxiety during that time and running was a great drug. I taught Group Ride and Centergy classes in the Boston area while in grad school. I was also a conscious and healthy eater.

Now, in my late 30's I am passionate about working out. Except for yoga, I do not practice or sweat everyday! What happened? Where did my motivation go? I no longer live with the anxiety of my 20's and early 30's. Is this the answer to my inactivity? Or is it the 40 hour desk job? Perhaps its a combination.

In 5 weeks I plan to run my first 10K. It's been nearly one year since my last race, the 1/2 marathon. Last year's I engaged in a 60 day paleo challenge and ate very clean! No processed foods, dairy and wheat products. I was trim, fit and felt amazing! I look in the mirror today and I see a softer, more tired body. The once beautifully defined arms, legs and abs have disappeared. As I approach my 40's I have to try, try again to stay fit.

Yesterday's conversation with my health coach about the upcoming race alarmed me. He said that I am more prone to injuries since I haven't ran or seriously worked out since last year. He told me to take it slow at first, eat a lot of veggies, especially Kale, and sweat everyday.

So as a gift of a healthy life to myself, I will try, try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment