Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sugar Emergency!

You give up one addiction and another pops up. Like that "bang the goffer" game at the state fair where you have to keep bobbing them goffers on the head so you win a prize. Giving up sugar wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. After a month of not eating sugar, food that I would have never considered sweet, actually is sweet. Broccoli has a light sweetness when I survived one month but the sugar culprit is everywhere! I began craving bread. I even indulged in that warm chewy goodness. I ate it with butter, with brie and washed it down with a nice glass of wine. The French would approve. But in this American lifestyle, bread is not a good thing to eat. Unless your metabolism is like an inferno, go ahead and have a few bites but if it's not, stay away from that baked stuff!




We did a partner WOD today. I was thrilled that Matt Millet was my partner. He did his entire workout with a 40 lb. weighted vest. Matt is a baseball player and an avid CrossFitter. He is tall, trim and my dietary inspiration. Matt does not drink alcohol, brings chicken and veggies to grill a cookouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment