Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Great Outdoors

Today I was itching for a hike. So, after a delicious home-made cappuccino and a big "no zone" breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and yes, bacon, we headed up to Hulda Crooks for a hike. We met our friend, Rachel and her two boys at the parking area and up we went. The trail began low and flat, which gave us an opportunity to warm up, but within 10 minutes we were struggling to keep our footing steady as we climbed the dusty trail uphill. My hip did not hurt and my new New Balance sneakers provided amazing cushioning and shock absorption.

A handful of factors contributed to this annoying hip injury, one of which was poor foot gear! I had been CrossFitting in my geriatric running shoes, which I should have retired the day of my my last run in Boston seven months prior. Anyway, now I have excellent cushioning for my joints and the hip is recovering well. I have wonderful company, now all I need is to work my metabolic conditioning! CrossFit tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment